AC Repair in Santa Clarita
It’s that time of the year, when temperatures soar and air conditioning repair in Santa Clarita becomes a top priority for homeowners and businesses. Don’t wait a minute longer before calling our certified, highly trained and trusted professionals that offer 24 Hour Air Conditioner Repair in Santa Clarita to assist you. With our affordable $89 Diagnostic you will know exactly what your system needs before we start repairing it.
By reading below, you may be able to find some information that can help you figure out why your air conditioner is freezing over, or if it just needs simple maintenance you can do yourself. If your circuit breaker is shutting off we can help. Call us at (661) 282-2169 for any question you may have regarding your system.
Everyone knows that a broken air conditioner in the summer means uncomfortable days and sleepless nights. For this reason, we created a streamlined process for customers in need of repairs. When the unexpected happens, we can restore comfort to your home quickly. And, our emergency service line is available anytime outside of regular hours as well. We provide cost-effective solutions to broken down air conditioners that are not blowing cold air or just simply don’t turn on at all. Our technicians receive continual training to stay up to date on the latest repair and installation techniques and trends. We specialize in installing brands from Rheem, RUUD, Trane, Bryant and Lennox, but also repair all major makes and models.
Santa Clarita AC Repair Company
When the temperatures in Santa Clarita reach triple digits, the only thing keeping you between the outdoor scorching heat and humidity is your air conditioning system. We have trained AC Repair Specialists that know how to get your air conditioner to blow cold air again. Whether your home needs a new unit because the current unit is broken and beyond repair or if you’re seeking a new unit in order to lower your monthly utility bills, we can help you. Perhaps you have a functioning unit and would like to make certain it stays that way- sign up for a seasonal AC Tune-up. We are locally owned and operated and have been servicing the area for over 20 years, so you know you can trust us with all of your air conditioning needs.
90% of Repairs Can be taken care of on our first Visit to your Home
Signs that Your Air Conditioning System Needs Attention
Is cold air not blowing out of your air registers even though you set your thermostat to cool? Do you notice that some rooms in your home heat or cool slower than other rooms?
Do some rooms not cool at all? Have you noticed a spike in your energy bill? Water marks on your ceiling? Or maybe that your AC system has totally stopped running.
If you notice any of these signs, you should call an AC professional as soon as possible. Every component of your AC system is connected, so one malfunctioning part could lead to further damage if it’s not addressed in time.
Common Issues that require Air Conditioner Service
- Poorly-charged air conditioning system. If an A/C system is not properly charged with refrigerant, it is unable to efficiently remove heat and cool your home.
- The outside fan or unit is not working. The condenser fan located outside your home removes heat from the compressor and keeps refrigerant cool. The condenser fan can stop working due to a faulty capacitor, a bad motor bearing can cause it to overheat, or there may not be power to the system. If it does not run or is not spinning at full capacity, it can cause your compressor to prematurely fail, in some cases a new air conditioner has to be installed if the compressor is not in stock.
- Insufficiently cooled rooms. This can be due to poor duct design, kinked or damaged air ducts, or an air duct leak.
- The A/C unit is not blowing cold air. This can be can be a result of various issues, including the following:
- Lack of power to the system
- Dead thermostat batteries
- A low refrigerant charge
What Caused my Air Conditioner to Break?
- Dirty air filters (Note: Dirty air filters can cause many system malfunctions. Air filters should be changed periodically- typically every 3-6 months in some cases monthly.)
- Drainage Problems – This problem usually occurs when it becomes humid outside. Always check the condensate drain to make sure it isn’t clogged.
- Electric Control Failure – Turning your unit on and off can wear out its compressor and fan controls. Because of this, the wires and terminals within your AC can begin to corrode. You should contact professional air conditioning services to fix this problem.
- Sensor Problems – Your air conditioner outside, may have sensors sensing the pressures of your unit. They may cycle your unit on and off to prevent damage to your system.
- Poor Maintenance – It is important to keep all your appliances, systems, and units checked and maintained consistently. Irregular check-ups often lead to dust and dirt buildup; this can clog the unit’s fans, and thus, reduce the functionality of your unit. Getting your system cleaned and tuned up from time to time will remedy the situation.
If you’ve noticed any of these AC Issues —or the air conditioning system is in obvious need of repair—you might feel tempted to grab a few tools and try to do the work on your own with some DIY videos. Try to resist!
Fixing and air conditioner is a technical job requiring years of refrigeration and electrical training. We have service techs experienced to fix any air conditioner brand you may have with the right repairs. We take pride in getting the job done fast and right so the trouble stays fixed. You won’t need to keep calling back to re-do a bad repair, we warranty our repairs.
Instant Emergency Solutions
Got a sudden breakdown? No worries! We are here to rescue you in emergencies as we provide full safe and secure guaranteed solutions for your air conditioning system. Just give us a call, if one of our emergency technicians is available we will send him right over.
The Best Air Conditioning Service in Santa Clarita!
We have been serving Santa Clarita for more than 20 years. We are proud to be a locally-owned and operated company, and understand the importance of treating our customers the right way. Give us a call to schedule your Air Conditioning Repair today!
We are your local air conditioning repair and service experts in Santa Clarita, CA. You can trust our team of professional air conditioning repair experts with your next service or installation. We have great deals on annual maintenance that can help protect the life of your hard working AC unit. The heat in the Santa Clarita area can be brutal, so don’t take your chances with whether or not your AC is running efficiently or without problems.
Air Conditioning Basics
The four main components to your air conditioner are:
Condenser: The condenser is the outside metal unit and where the gas from the compressor is condensed into a liquid. The gas entering the condenser is very hot. The temperature is then lowered, so the gas can convert back to a liquid.
Compressor: The compressor is inside the condenser. It circulates the pressurized refrigerant, to concentrate the heat, and changes the low pressure gas to high pressure.
Evaporator: The evaporator is the part of the system inside the home. In simple language, it absorbs the heat from your home.
Expansion Valve: The expansion valve controls the amount of refrigerant allowed into your Evaporator Coil ( Cooling Coil ).
All of these pieces are connected by a copper tube that handles refrigerant, creating a closed loop. Heat is collected in the evaporator, sent outside to the condenser. The heat is removed, and the cold air is recirculated back into your home.
Air Conditioning Facts
An air conditioner doesn’t create cool air.
What happens in the AC process is actually the removal of heat from the air. Your AC uses a chemical called refrigerant to remove heat and transfer it outside. The refrigerant runs through the lines and coils in your unit and goes from liquid to gas and back again. During this process, the refrigerant removes the heat and transfers it elsewhere so that when the air comes out the other side, it is cool.
Your AC will remove humidity.
Lower humidity helps the overall comfort level in your home by making you feel cooler, even if the temperature is the same.
Your air filter needs to be checked and replaced every three to six months.
A dirty air filter restricts your air flow, which reduces efficiency, costing you money, and over time can put stress on your unit and could cause a costly repair.
Maintenance, maintenance and maintenance.
Your Air Conditioning system needs regular checkups to keep it running in tip-top shape. Having regular annual preventative maintenance will bring your system longer life and fewer breakdowns during hot summer days.
Air Conditioner Tune-Up
There are some AC maintenance procedures we always recommend the homeowner do if they are able. The most important is to replace your air filter at least every other month.
Old air filters strain your system and are often what causes other malfunctions. You can add at least 3-5 years to your system’s life by replacing your air filter when it needs to be replaced.
If your air conditioner needs seasonal maintenance, contact us at (661) 282-2169. We recommend having maintenance done on your A/C to prevent an expensive air conditioner repair bill. Having an AC Tune-up done allows our service technicians to run through your entire system clean parts, change filters and test parts to prevent future break downs. Professional service by a trained technician will ensure that your system runs at peak efficiency for years to come. Among other benefits, regular maintenance reduces energy consumption and ensures peak performance.
Our commitment to customer satisfaction is unmatched by other air conditioning companies. We aim to improve overall system performance through accurate A/C repair and annual maintenance. If your cooling system breaks down unexpectedly, We are available 24 hours a day for emergency service. With 100+ degree warm summer days, it is imperative to have an efficient and reliable air conditioning system. Contact our comfort specialists for the best A/C repair and service in Santa Clarita! To schedule service online click here to schedule service.
Installing New Air Conditioner
Need to Install a New Air Conditioner? With major equipment such as your home comfort air conditioner, we tend to do everything possible to repair them before determining that a replacement of your cooling system is necessary. The need for a replacement usually comes after you’ve had your system for many years often times more than 10 years old, or when it has been used excessively and cannot be repaired any longer.
Deciding to replace your air conditioning system is a big step and, for many homeowners, a dreaded one. It can be a bit overwhelming to determine which system is the right fit for you and your family. From budget to technology to code compliance, buying a new air conditioner isn’t an easy purchase option. Many people get many estimates and much misinformation along the way.
That’s why we are always ready to offer expert advice and answer whatever questions our clients in Santa Clarita have about replacing their air conditioners. We’ll also walk you through the steps of the replacement process and help you schedule it for a time that’s most convenient for you.
Our service technicians only recommend replacing your air conditioner when you are experiencing constant repairs that no longer keep it working properly and would be a waste of your money. Our FREE in home installation estimate to replace your old Air Conditioner is no pressure estimate.
RETURN AIR IS IMPORTANT
Return air is critical to the function of your air conditioning system. What is Return Air? Return air is the air that flows through the system usually from the biggest grill in the house some homes may have one or two returns depending on the set up and system type. Return air flows through your air filter.
There are two factors affecting your return air that may require adjustments or repair:
- Improperly sized return air ducts will result in low airflow, the size of your equipment determines how much air should be flowing throughout the system. Low airflow severely affects both the efficiency and lifespan of your air conditioning system.
- Leaking return air ducts or grilles will suck in dust, dirt and in some cases fiber glass from your attic insulation. These foreign particles will make their way into your home where you and your family will breathe it.
Regular maintenance visits will help our technicians spot and repair problems as they occur.
Why Choose Us?
We are a family owned and operated heating and air conditioning company. We specialize in heating and air conditioning equipment replacement and repair for your home or business. We carefully measure the square footage of the area in need of air conditioning, calculate air flow, and consult with you about any special needs you may have, before making equipment replacement recommendation. We will take into consideration your time, budget, and family needs, and give you a few recommendations allowing you to decide which air conditioner brand is best for you.
Why You Want To Work With The Best HVAC Company ( Pacific Coast Heating and Air )
Working with a reputable HVAC company is critical to protect your home comfort system. Working with a sub-par HVAC contractor can create a number of problems:
- Poor installation of Heating and Air Conditioning equipment leads to equipment inefficiency. When purchasing and installing a new system, efficiency ratings are usually a huge benefit for homeowners and their utility bills – you expect your new system to offer the expected efficiency as written by your comfort specialist on paper. When installation is done by a poorly skilled installation company, your unit may not be able to operate at optimum efficiency you paid for. This increases your operating costs, and you don’t benefit from the savings of the high efficiency unit you paid for.
- Poor HVAC installation or repairs inhibit system performance and may reduce the life of your equipment. If your heating or cooling unit is not installed or repaired correctly, the system will not perform properly, it may cool and run fine for a few days or months until it finally breaks down leaving you wondering what could have gone wrong. Comfort throughout your household will be noticeable, and your energy bills will more than likely rise, as the unit uses more energy to overcompensate for the poorly done repair or install. Bad installations or repair jobs lead to more equipment breakdowns and stress on your central comfort system. Your unit could fail sooner than expected, leaving you with the expense of replacing a system far before needed.
What Company Makes The Best Air Conditioners?
Pacific Coast Heating and Air is certified to install all brands and has agreements with a large number of manufacturers. However, air conditioning is a technology that has improved over the years since it was first created so most of the popular brands work pretty well. Many of them use parts made by the same manufacturers. So for many of our customers, the main considerations are the initial price, warranty, attractiveness, noise, etc. Some manufacturers offer anywhere from a 10-12 year warranty on all parts while others may only offer 5 or down to a 1 year warranty.
Whatever manufacturer you choose, the most important consideration is the contractor you hire. For your protection, make sure you use a licensed HVAC Contractor for your installation. A licensed contractor using EPA approved refrigerants and procedures can save you time and money!
You may pay top dollar for best system out there but if it is not properly installed, you will actually be buying nothing but a big headache for years to come.
Speaking from experience we have found builders grade model air conditioners still running til this day, systems that were installed over 20-30 years ago.
The Benefits Of AC Replacement Include:
- Better air quality
- More eco-friendly
- Lower energy bills
- Quiet air conditioner
- Solve inconsistent air flow problems
- Warranty on your new Air conditioner
- Peace of mind and more.
If your system is between 10 and 20 years old and you are experiencing high utility bills or inconsistent performance, we recommend scheduling a professional evaluation of your existing system to determine if maintenance (such as ductwork repairs) or replacement is the best course of action.
Call US AT: (661) 282-2169